The School Trip Planning Process at Educational Travel Service
Every meaningful educational school trip starts with a seed of an idea; our job is to expand that idea into a fully developed itinerary that incorporates your travel goals. We take the planning process seriously – our success depends on your satisfaction, so we go the distance to make sure we know what your vision is. Then we help you and your students realize that vision.
We know choosing an educational travel company is a big decision and we want to help you make the best decision – the one that’s just right for your unique needs. That’s why we never offer cookie cutter solutions – we see our clients as individuals, so we customize every school trip. Here’s what to expect if you decide to work with us……
We begin with an intake interview:
- What is the purpose of the trip, where do you want to go?
- Is there a theme such as language, culture, history, sights or a combination of ideas you want to organize your trip around?
- How does the trip relate to your goals and/or your curriculum?
- Number of travelers or participants, dates of travel?
- Help narrow down what makes sense in terms of the amount of travel covered, for two reasons: as it will relate to the cost of trip, and provide students with the opportunity to absorb and reflect upon the experience (not wanting the trip to be a whirlwind, blur!)
- Suggest pacing of the trip accordingly.
- Focus on taking the group to places of interest the group chooses (where they want to go)
- Talk about balancing or pacing the trip, less time on bus, more time interacting with people, places, activities.
- Talk about the desired highlights of the trip and offer other ideas.
- Discuss unusual activities that will give the students a more intimate sense of the people, places and the culture
- Your own private bus, group combinations only if requested
- Fixed pricing – there are no optional extra excursions, no hidden costs, no membership fees
- Support both locally in Vermont and during your travels abroad – we are always available to answer questions and troubleshoot when needed
- Flexibility, in planning the itinerary and meeting needs as they arise during the trip
- Escort provided when desired, but not required
- Centrally located hotels and local restaurants with set menu choices
- Competitive pricing for individualized itineraries
- Cost customizing – we work with teachers to keep budgets in line
- The opportunity to provide feedback – it is always solicited so we can measure satisfaction